F.A.Q. - Tips And tricks
ATTENTION: due to an issue of the LITE version, DO NOT use the function "Export for full version...". Follow the instructions at point n. 7. We are managing to solve it. Sorry.
1) How to sync two devices?
A: You can follow two methods, both in the Backup section:
a) use a Dropbox or Google Drive account. Once you're connected to the account, save the data in the remote account from the device in which the title have been acquired. Then connect the second device to same account and restore the data.
b) export the database for backup and recovery, send yourself an email. Open the just sent email in the second device, click on the attachment and open it in Bibliophilia. Then follow the instructions to import.
2) How to export to PDF a book list?
A: Click the "Edit" (pencil) icon in the main list. Select the titles you want to export and then click on the "Options" icon (square with arrow), then click "Export to PDF ..." .
How to change the status or quickly delete a book?
A: In any list item, perform an slide / swipe from left to right. You will get a tool bar with some buttons for the most common actions.
4) How to move from one book to the next form within the detail of the book?
A: When you are in the detail perform a slide / swipe from left to right or right to go to the next book.
5) How to quickly edit a field in the book?
A: Long press on the field to edit: after less than a second, "edit" mode is activated and it will open the screen to edit that field. Save the book after each change
6) How to go back to the root a section
A: Click on the section symbol (in the bottom tabs) and return to the first screen of that section. This can be useful when navigating through the detail of the book authors, so instead of constantly having to click on the "Back" button you can return to the main list with a single click.
7) How to import data from LITE version (iOs only)
A: From the Backup section, Export the database, For backup and restore from the LITE version and send yourself an email. Open the email just sent, click on the attachment and open it in Bibliophilia (full version). Then follow the instructions to import. ATTENTION: due to a bug of the last version, DO NOT use the function "Export for full version...".
8) How to import the files in the "Files" section
- In iPhone / iPad
1) via iTunes: select the device, go to the screen "App", "File Sharing", select Bibliophilia and add the files you want;
2) by email: send yourself a email, attach the file and open it in Bibliophilia;
3) via Dropbox: open the Dropbox folder, go to the folder "Apps" and then "Bibliophilia" and copy the files you want in here (NOTE: you can not create folders, copy files into the folder and do not change the other useful files for backup).
4) via Google Drive: open the Google Drive folder, go to the folder "BibliophiliaBackup" and copy the files you want in here (NOTE: you can not create folders: copy files into the folder and do not change the other useful files for backup).
- In Android:
1) using copy / paste: copy into the folder "bibliophilia" in the memory card the files you want;
2) via Dropbox: follow the same instructions for the iPhone and iPad.
To update the list of files, switch the section / tab and come back to Files.
9) How to remove the white border of the covers?
A: To remove the white border on the sides of a photographed cover:
a) go to the 'Settings' section;
b) enable the 'Enable trim covers function';
c) return to the main list of the books and then entry in the 'edit' (white pencil) mode;
d) select books whose cover is to be cut;
e) click again on the pencil icon and then 'Trim the border of the cover ...'.